ADAPCO prides itself on bringing the most comprehensive product line, technology, surveillance, and educational tools to the public health vector space. You can now bring ADAPCO’s expertise in the field with you via the newest addition to our portfolio; ADAPCO Vector Lab (AVL).
Learning On Demand
In 2020, during ADAPCO’s first-ever virtual educational events, we provided 3,648 CEUs to over 546 participants and had more than 900 attendees!
With content created and hosted by industry experts and ADAPCO Technical Development Specialists, AVL provides the same virtual learning experience, but allows you to take the courses on-demand and at your own pace!
For only $24.00 a course, AVL provides you access to topics relevant to mosquito control and the opportunity to earn CEUs! The course catalog currently includes:
- Mosquito Biology – Classification, morphology, life cycle, and common mosquitoes found in the U.S.
- Mosquito Surveillance – Trap types and methods.
- Pesticide Safety and Understanding the Label – What is a hazard, handling pesticides safely, PPE, and reading the label.
- Mosquito Identification – Using a taxonomic key and identifying larval and adult mosquitoes.
- Pesticide Calibration and Math – Discover what is required to calibrate various pieces of equipment.
- *New* Field Trials 101 – The importance of caged mosquito field trials and how to conduct them from start to finish.